Professor Charles Savona Ventura
Educated: St. Aloysius College [Malta], Junior College [Royal University of Malta], University of Malta, Catholic University of Leuven [Belgium], National Research Institute for Mother and Child [Warsaw, Poland].
Furthered specialised medical training in the Cliniques Universitaires St. Raphael/Gasthuisberg [Leuven, Belgium] and the Royal Maternity Hospital [Belfast, N. Ireland].
Qualifications: Medical Doctorate [University of Malta, 1979], Accreditation Certificate in Obstetrics-Gynaecology [Leuven, Belgium, 1985], Member of the Royal College of Obstetricians & Gynaecologists [U.K., 1986], Fellow of the Royal College of Obstetricians & Gynaecologists [U.K., 2000], Doctor of Medical Sciences [Warsaw, Poland, 1997], Member of the Royal College of Physicians of Ireland [Ireland, 2001], Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians of Ireland [Ireland, 2012], Accreditation Certificate in Obstetrics-Gynaecology [S.A.C., Malta, 2003], Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians of Edinburgh [Edinburgh, 2017].
* Professor and Head of Department of Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Faculty of Medicine & Surgery
* Professor in Faculty of Health Sciences [Department of Midwifery], University of Malta
* Director for Centre for Traditional Chinese Medicine, University of Malta
* Occasional lecturer in Institute of Baroque Studies, Institute of Mediterranean Studies, and Department of Sociology - Faculty of Arts, University of Malta.
* Member of the Board of the Humanities, Science and Medicine [HUMS] Foundation, University of Malta.
* Specialist Obstetrician-Gynaecologist in Private Practice.
* Consultant Obstetrician-Gynaecologist & Consultant i/c Diabetic Pregnancy Joint Clinic [retired 2017], Department of Health, Malta.
Served as Hospitaller & Historian, now serves as Grand Prior to the Grand Priory of the Maltese Islands and Grand Archivist & Historian of the Order of the Military and Hospitaller Order of Saint Lazarus of Jerusalem.